Sunday, November 25, 2007

Martapura, The City of Diamond.

All my friends said, when I am about to go to Kalimantan, don’t forget bring a souvenir from there. I asked what they want me to bring. most of them said: Diamond!
Helloo… Excuse me diamond are expensive..

My husband take me to Martapura that day. We went to the central of Diamond and precious stone in this city. My mother going crazy when she saw there are so many shops selling many kinds of precious stone and they’re cheap too. I know nothing about precious stone nor diamond. I thought that they’re just a colorful stone. The one that I saw there looks like fake. But it is not. The truth is the fake stone looks like the real one. That is why, people who knows nothing about precious stone are not aware of the fake or the real one. Just like me..

My mother starting busy choosing and bargaining some precious stone for herself, for my father, for this, for that and for souvenir. The price for one set precious stone is started as low as Rp. 30.000. I think that is cheap. Because, even the fake bracelet with fake stone priced higher than that in Bali. Me and my husband are just looking around while moms busy with the stone. I saw my mother tested all the stone with the testing machine that she borrowed from the seller. Yes that is important, to know if the stones are real one.

My mother asked me if I want to buy a diamond for my pendant, I said no. I already have the fake one for my white gold necklace. She insist to buy me one. After a long bargain and testing and asking for the clarity, carat, etc.. She ended up with one medium sized diamond in a triangle pendant. I kinda like it too.. So when I asked about the price, the seller said he already gave a huge discount plus guarantee certificate to my mother. Well now I know that Diamonds are girl’s best friend. I never have a diamond before, but when I wear it, I feel like it just fits me well. It’s sparkling on my neck. I thank my mother for the diamond and she said ok! She asked me to consider it as my wedding gift..
Oh my glad, I am so delighted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails