Sunday, November 11, 2007

Banjarmasin, Here I come!

I am going to Kalimantan.. Hooray!!
It’s been so long since the last time I am traveling to visit another new place in Indonesia. This time I am going to Kalimantan, Banjarmasin exactly. Me and my husband are going to have our wedding reception there because most of his family and relatives are there. This is my second reception after the one we did in Lombok, my hometown.

The journey begin with Mandala Airlines from Denpasar to Surabaya. The plane is new and all the interior are still shiny. It only took 35 minutes to reach Surabaya airport. From above I saw Surabaya is full with buildings and factories. The land are red, unlike Bali which is green from the above. We passed Krakatau mountain. It looks so beautiful from the above, I can’t imagine how bad the damage it cause when last time this mountain blow up.

We met my mother at Surabaya Airport. She arrives from Lombok and then together we take Lion Air to go to Banjarmasin. Nothing special with this flight except the plane is old and we sat on the back of the plane and I can hear the sound of the machine which makes me worries, just in case the sound is getting slower then there must be something happen with the machine. Thank God we arrived safely at Banjarmasin Airport.

My first impression of the city is hot, even hotter than Bali, I think. The sun is hot and the wind is hot, plus lack of trees on the road.. There are lots or river I saw on the road and wooden house are everywhere. I can’t wait to explore this place more but I have to wait till the day after tomorrow because tomorrow is my wedding reception..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails